As the number of COVID-19, or coronavirus, cases continues to rise in the United States, EnvisionRx is actively monitoring the situation and has processes and policies in place to ensure all members have access to their medications.
- Our business continuity, pandemic and disaster recovery processes confirm that all of our services—pharmacy benefit management, specialty pharmacy services, mail order operations, insurance plans, and adjudication technology—are fully operational and without disruption.
- We have policies in place to monitor real-time drug shortages and protocols ready to activate if formulary alternatives that have been approved by our Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee are needed.
- Due to the State of Emergency related to COVID-19 in multiple states, we are temporarily relaxing refill-too-soon edits for both pharmacies and members located in impacted states for as long as the emergency is in effect. As additional states declare emergencies, they will also have their refill-too-soon edits relaxed.
- As the situation evolves, our Client Services and Customer Care teams are continually provided information based on CDC language and recommendations from our clinical leaders on our Rite Aid Coronavirus Taskforce in order to address member questions.
- In an effort to safeguard against potential exposure and spread, we are limiting corporate travel to essential only and trying to conduct all business meetings remotely (client, vendor, partner and internal). Additionally, many of our employees are able to work from home and we are in the process of increasing this capability.
We Want Our Clients and Members to Stay Protected
While there are no vaccines to prevent COVID-19 or prescription medications available to treat it, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has provided recommendations to help prevent infection:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw it away
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and use hand sanitizer with at
least 60% alcohol
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects with household cleaners
- Facemasks are not recommended for prevention of COVID-19, but can be worn by people showing symptoms to prevent spread of the disease, and are considered crucial for healthcare workers and caregivers
EnvisionRx will continue to actively monitor this situation and provide any additional information as needed to protect our clients and members. If you have any questions, please contact your account manager or visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html